Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hello Blog!

I have been hard at work lately, preparing the student organization I am in. We are having an academic conference in order to promote Columbia (as well as the org, The Art History Council) on a national level when the College Art Association comes to town. As of today, we are eight days away from the premiere of all of our hard work!

That's right! Our Conference is being held on February 10, 2010 from 12pm to 5pm. It will be held at 618 S. Michigan Ave in Chicago. We are hoping to attract the student body, faculty, friends and attendees to the College Art Association Conference. We are so excited for this! Hopefully everything pans out.

Yesterday we put in our orders for catalogs. Those will be sold at the Conference for between $15-20 apiece. The reason they are somewhat higher priced is because we are trying to raise funds to establish a scholarship for art history students on campus. We are hoping to meet with Columbia administrators about this situation this semester. I am very excited about all of this... I feel like the Art History Council is really going somewhere! We are helping other students achieve things that they would have had a harder time with prior to the AHC. That is a really great thing to think about.
* * *
In other news, I am trying to prepare for the GRE. I haven't purchased my books yet, though. Yesterday some GRE prep did come in the mail - more on that in my next post - and my school has Princeton Review's "Cracking the GRE" on reserve. All I have left to purchase is my GRE Math Workbook, for which I have a standing Math Tutoring appointment.

But in terms of being able to purchase that, I am on hold. My rent fund is drying up - it will be gone after I pay March rent. I am expecting money to come in though, people owe me money here and there, taxes will be coming soon, and I applied for a grant that I think I have a good chance of receiving this semester. So hopefully the finances will come together. I have been praying steadily about it, and I have faith that God will provide.

I will be posting knitting projects on here soon. Over Christmas break I knitted a hat and took pictures, posted it on ravelry even! (@caseychampion) - Except I hate how it looks after blocking. Soon it will become @unraveled .. and I will make it into a new hat. In the mean time, I have to finish Boyfran's hat and Baby Kaneris' scarf. Small-ish projects, but enough to appease my need for the needles.

That's all for now.. I'll come back later to show with pictures what I'm up to.


xo,
c

No comments:

Post a Comment